NBA Power Rankings: Week 2
With the first “week” officially in the books, here are the updated Power Rankings as we head into week 2. To see the Power Rankings from week 1, click here!
Power Rankings Week 2:
1. Miami Heat (2-1) – Lost to the Knicks, but otherwise they look fine.
2. San Antonio Spurs (3-0) – Their role players doing a great job supporting their stars.
3. Los Angeles Lakers (1-3) – I’m not ready to hit the panic button yet.
4. Oklahoma City Thunder (1-2) – Kevin Martin has done a pretty good job replacing Harden.
5. Boston Celtics (1-2) – Veteran team, will start playing better.
6. Indiana Pacers (2-1) – Let’s see how long it takes Granger to come back healthy.
7. Los Angeles Clippers (2-1) – Tough loss against the Warriors for their first loss of the season.
8. Brooklyn Nets (1-0) – Yahoo Standings still has them as the New Jersey Nets. Will take time for all of us to adjust.
9. Memphis Grizzlies (1-1) – Got rid of two west coast games early. Home opener tonight.
10. Denver Nuggets (0-3) – Not worried about their start.
11. New York Knicks (2-0) – Beat the Heat on opening night.
12. Chicago Bulls (2-1) – A team that will compete the whole game even without their star.
13. Dallas Mavericks (2-1) – A competitive team even without Dirk.
14. Utah Jazz (1-2) – Tough schedule first several games.
15. Atlanta Hawks (1-1) – Couldn’t stop Harden from exploding on them.
16. Philadelphia 76′ers (1-1) – Right where I expect them to be most of the season.
17. Minnesota Timberwolves (1-1) – Can’t wait until this team get’s Love back.
18. Golden State Warriors (2-1) – They will score points, the question will be can they stop other teams from scoring.
19. Houston Rockets (2-1) – Harden has the whole NBA talking about his first week.
20. Portland Trail Blazers (2-1) – Lillard showing the NBA that he can be the ROY.
21. Milwaukee Bucks (2-0) – Impressive start to the season for the Bucks defeating the Celtics.
22. Toronto Raptors (1-2) – Tough start, but they were close in both their two losses.
23. New Orleans Hornets (2-1) – This team will be even better when Eric Gordon gets healthy.
24. Phoenix Suns (1-2) – It will take some time for their new players to mesh.
25. Cleveland Cavaliers (1-2) – That Kyrie Irving dude, is one hell of a baller.
26. Orlando Magic (3-0) – Great start for this young team, but will fall back down to earth really quickly.
27. Washington Wizards (0-2) – They need Wall to be healthy.
28. Sacramento Kings (0-3) – Will need to rebound from their poor start if they have any shot at making the playoffs.
29. Charlotte Bobcats (1-1) – Well at least they aren’t last just yet.
30. Detroit Pistons (0-3) – Just not good enough to make the playoffs.
What do you guys think of these rankings? Someone too high? too low? Leave a comment or tweet me @YoniPollak.