NFL Power Rankings: Week 9
After another week in the NFL, the power rankings are updated as we head into week 9. To see the Week 8 rankings click here!
Power Rankings Week 9:
1. Atlanta Falcons (7-0) – More tests coming in, with Cowboys this Sunday night..
2. Houston Texans (6-1) – Need their key players to stay healthy to make their run.
3. San Francisco 49′ers (6-2) – If they can stay consistent they will be a top contender in the NFC..
4. Green Bay Packers (5-3) – Rodgers has played pretty well despite being down a few weapons.
5. New York Giants (6-2) – Not a great game on offense, and were inches away from loosing, but still pulled away with the Win.
6. Chicago Bears (6-1) – Their defense is one of the best in the NFL, and their offense is capable of putting up points.
7. New England Patriots (5-3) – If they can keep scoring at will, they won’t need to play defense.
8. Denver Broncos (4-3) – A great offense, and a pretty good defense, will be a tough opponent every game especially at home.
9. Baltimore Ravens (5-2) – Will need to overcome their injuries in a big way.
10. Philadelphia Eagles (3-4) – Vick and Reid only have a few more chances.
11. Pittsburgh Steelers (4-3) – Their offense can score, just wait until their defense gets healthy.
12. Minnesota Vikings (5-3) – They have been beating the good teams, and have struggled against teams they should be beating.
13. Seattle Seahawks (4-4) – Terrible road team, but very tough opponent when at home.
14. Dallas Cowboys (3-4) – They have been so close in many games. Good team with some bad coaching.
15. New Orleans Saints (2-5) – Need to string together several wins if they want to compete for the playoffs.
16. Miami Dolphins (4-3)- Could easily be 6-1.
17. Detroit Lions (3-4) – Huge win against the Seahawks, now need to ride the momentum.
18. San Diego Chargers (3-4) – Something has to be wrong with Rivers, he just isn’t the same QB he was a few years ago.
19. Washington Redskins (3-5) – Good team, but several pieces away from contending.
20. Arizona Cardinals (4-4) – Not as good as we all thought a month ago.
21. St. Louis Rams (3-5) – Didn’t show up in London against the Patriots, but still a pretty solid team.
22. Cincinnati Bengals (3-4) – Tough matchup with the Broncos but had two weeks to prepare.
23. Tampa Bay Buccaneers (3-4) – Doug Martin playing real well, and this offense can put up some points.
24. New York Jets (3-5) – Their best players are hurt, and they don’t really have a quarterback.
25. Indianapolis Colts (4-3) – Suddenly this team could possibly make a playoff run in the weak AFC.
26. Buffalo Bills (3-4) – Good offense, and the defense had two weeks to prepare for the Texans. Let’s see what the defense does with Williams claiming he is healthy.
27. Tennessee Titans (3-5) – Good offense gets to go up against one of the best defenses this week.
28. Oakland Raiders (3-4) – They have scored over 20 points in three straight games.
29. Cleveland Browns (2-6) – Not a great team, but competing a lot better than at the beginning of the year.
30. Carolina Panthers (1-6) – Trade rumors swirling, nothing likely to happen. This team is in trouble.
31. Jacksonville Jaguars (1-6) – Their O-line has more TD’s than Blackmon and Robinson.
32. Kansas City Chiefs (1-6) – Haven’t had one lead this entire season. (Their one win was in overtime, never led that game.)
Thursday Night Game of the Week:
Chargers have been pretty bad but the Chiefs have been a lot worse.
Chargers– 24 Chiefs – 14
What do you guys think of these rankings? Someone too high? too low? Leave a comment or tweet me @YoniPollak.