NBA Power Rankings: Week 1
Since today is Opening Day in the NBA, I will start the Power Rankings tonight, however in the future, Power Rankings will be updated every hopefully every Monday.
Power Rankings Week 1:
1. Miami Heat – Heat look to be the favorite to win it all this year.
2. Los Angeles Lakers – New lineup with many All-Star appearances.
3. Oklahoma City Thunder – The Thunder look to repeat as Western Conference Champions.
4. San Antonio Spurs – Veteran team with some solid young players, will be a contender.
5. Boston Celtics – Allen replaced by Terry and Lee, this team should be a top 4 seed.
6. Indiana Pacers – Playing in weak East will give them nice record.
7. Denver Nuggets – A lot of good players led by Igoudala, let’s see if they can make noise in the West.
8. Los Angeles Clippers – Scary team if healthy come playoff time.
9. Brooklyn Nets – Another deep team which will have a bit of a bloated record due to the lack of competition in the East.
10. Memphis Grizzlies – With Rudy Gay healthy they will look to be a contender.
11. Chicago Bulls – Whole season will depend on when Derrick Rose returns.
12. Utah Jazz – Another good team which will fight for a middle seed in a tough Western Conference.
13. Atlanta Hawks – Joe Johnsons’s scoring can be replaced, and now Horford should be back soon.
14. New York Knicks – If Amare and Melo can be healthy for the postseason, they will force tough match-ups.
15. Philadelphia 76’ers – Will need a healthy Bynum to make noise in the Eastern Conference.
16. Dallas Mavericks – A bunch of good-solid players, will need Dirk back in top form to contend.
17. Minnesota Timberwolves – Whole season depends on the health of Love and Rubio.
18. Golden State Warriors – If Bogut can get healthy and Curry can stay healthy maybe they can sneak into the playoffs.
19. Houston Rockets – Addition of Harden help their chances but need Lin to repeat his year last year.
20. Portland Trail Blazers – If Lillard can show he’s a great point guard, then with him, Batum, Aldridge, they can be playoff bound.
21. Toronto Raptors – Additions of Jonas, Lowry, and Ross will help them be a tough team to beat every night.
22. Milwaukee Bucks – The Bucks will likely be on the outside looking in come April.
23. Phoenix Suns – If Dragic can repeat his performance in Houston then they can be a possible playoff team.
24. New Orleans Hornets – Look for Davis and Rivers to have impressive rookie seasons.
25. Sacramento Kings – Talent is their, but the question will be if they can mesh well together.
26. Washington Wizards – Will be interesting to see Wall and Beal play with each other.
27. Detroit Pistons – Monroe looks like he can be a really good player in the NBA.
28. Cleveland Cavaliers – Will be interesting to see if Thompson and Waiters can turn into good ball players.
29. Orlando Magic – Will try to lock up the first overall pick and continue rebuilding.
30. Charlotte Bobcats – It will be a fight to 25 wins for the Bobcats this year.
What do you guys think of these rankings? Someone too high? too low? Leave a comment or tweet me @YoniPollak.