NFL Power Rankings: Week 8
After another week in the NFL, the power rankings are updated as we head into week 8. To see the Week 7 rankings click here!
Power Rankings Week 8:
1. Atlanta Falcons (6-0) – Coming off a bye week, good test against the Eagles.
2. Houston Texans (6-1) – Dominated one of the few good teams in the AFC. Defense made some changes with loss of Cushing.
3. San Francisco 49′ers (5-2) – Offense struggling, need to stay consistent.
4. Green Bay Packers (4-3) – Rodgers is now playing at an elite level, even with injuries to Finley, and Jennings. Tough loss of Woodson for 6 weeks.
5. New York Giants (5-2) – Eli didn’t play so well, but made the good throw to beat the tough Redskins.
6. Chicago Bears (5-1) – Defense is back at an elite level, but the offense will need to step up when playing tougher opponents.
7. New England Patriots (4-3) – Defense is a joke, the offense will need to carry them a bit more than they likely want.
8. Baltimore Ravens (5-2) – Injuries have killed this team, and they need to figure things out during bye week, or they may be in big time trouble.
9. Denver Broncos (3-3) – Had a bye week to prepare for Brees and the Saints. Could be the 3rd best team in the AFC.
10. Philadelphia Eagles (3-3) – Made some internal changes firing their Defensive Coordinator. Have a chance to make a statement win against the Falcons.
11. Minnesota Vikings (5-2) – Good team, capable on offense, and a good defense.
12. Seattle Seahawks (4-3) – Played well against the 49’ers, just don’t think the offense is god enough for them to sneak into playoffs.
13. New Orleans Saints (2-4) – Just pulled out the win against the Buccaneers. One of the best offenses in the game, can they make the comeback?
14. San Diego Chargers (3-3) – You would think if you were suspected of cheating, you would at least be a really good team. Rivers needs to step up and play like 2010, or this team is in trouble.
15. Dallas Cowboys (3-3) – Big win against the Panthers to try to keep pace in the NFC East. Big game this week to gain a game.
16. Pittsburgh Steelers (3-3) – Injuries have killed this team, but they can still win the AFC North with the injuries of the Ravens as well.
17. Washington Redskins (3-4) – This RG3 kid is phenomenal. Will carry this team late into the season.
18. Detroit Lions (2-4) – Couldn’t do much against the Bears all game. Stafford needs to step up for this team, or they will be picking in the early part of the 1st round.
19. Arizona Cardinals (4-3) – Now three consecutive losses, and the Cardinals are coming back down to earth.
20. Miami Dolphins (3-3)- Big week ahead to claim at least 2nd place in the AFC East.
21. St. Louis Rams (3-4) – Played a good game against the Packers. Plenty of fight in this team.
22. Cincinnati Bengals (3-4) – Solid team. Not good, not bad.
23. New York Jets (3-4) – Should have beaten the Patriots. A lot of fight in this team.
24. Buffalo Bills (3-4) -Fitzpatrick looked good until his last throw. One would think a Harvard alum would be smarter than that.
25. Tampa Bay Buccaneers (2-4) – Another good performance by the Bucs this past week. Big week against the Vikings.
26. Carolina Panthers (1-5) – GM fired this past week. This sums up some of their problems.
The Panthers have more than $20.5 million of cap room on the injured reserve list in Charles Gamble, Jon Beason and Ryan Kalil
27. Tennessee Titans (3-4) – CJ seems to be back (for now). Offense will put up points.
28. Indianapolis Colts (3-3) – Luck been a bit inconsistent this year, but that’s what rookies do.
29. Cleveland Browns (1-6) – Bad coaching decision late in the game which could have altered the outcome. Not a terrible team anymore. Still bad, but not terrible.
30. Oakland Raiders (2-4) – Raiders barely able to beat the Jaguars and needed a huge comeback. Not a good team here.
31. Kansas City Chiefs (1-5) – Well they didn’t lose this week!
32. Jacksonville Jaguars (1-5) – MJD being hurt, not good for the worst team in NFL.
Thursday Night Game of the Week:
Vikings have been playing some good football, and that should continue tonight.
Vikings– 24 Buccaneers – 17
What do you guys think of these rankings? Someone too high? too low? Leave a comment or tweet me @YoniPollak.