NFL Power Rankings: Week 7
After another crazy week in the NFL, the power rankings are updated as we head into week 7. To see the Week 6 rankings click here!
Power Rankings Week 7:
1. Atlanta Falcons (6-0) – Finding ways to win ball games. Make their 2012 season debut in the #1 spot.
2. Houston Texans (5-1) – Played a tough Packers team and got beat pretty bad. Discipline will improve, the team should be fine.
3. Baltimore Ravens (5-1) – Another close win, but the defense was terrible and suffered the loss of their Defensive MVP, Ladarius Webb, and their Defensive Captain, Ray Lewis.
4. San Francisco 49′ers (4-2) – After two impressive wins they looked terrible v.s. the Giants.
5. Green Bay Packers (3-3) – Rodgers seems to be at the top of his game after ripping apart a great Texans defense.
6. New York Giants (4-2) – Huge win, and very impressive. Scary team when at their best.
7. Chicago Bears (4-1) – On top of a very tough NFC North.
8. New England Patriots (3-3) – Seemed to be rolling until halftime. Tough loss in SEA, will likely rebound against the Jets.
9. Denver Broncos (3-3) – Huge comeback victory by the Broncos. Good team that had tough early schedule.
10. Philadelphia Eagles (3-3) – After barely pulling out 4th quarter victories early in the season, they have blown two consecutive 4th quarter leads and lost.
11. Seattle Seahawks (4-2) – Some impressive victories this year.
12. San Diego Chargers (3-3) – SD offense played terrible in the 2nd half of game against Broncos. Need to keep balanced attack and they need the O-line to step up.
13. Arizona Cardinals (4-2) – A team that peaked early in the season.
14. Minnesota Vikings (4-2) – If they wanted to keep pace in the NFC, they need to win winnable games, which they failed to do against the Redskins.
15. Dallas Cowboys (2-3) – Another tough loss on a missed FG to win the game. They are finding exciting ways to lose ball games.
16. Pittsburgh Steelers (2-3) – They really need the defense to stay healthy.
17. Detroit Lions (2-3) – Huge comeback victory. Now a little momentum into a huge MNF showdown against the Bears.
18. New Orleans Saints (1-4) – With the bye week to figure out their problems, they need to take care of business against the Buccaneers.
19. Buffalo Bills (3-3) -Big victory in Arizona to keep pace in AFC East. Really good running game to carry them, but need Fitzpatrick to step up his game.
20. Washington Redskins (3-3) – RG3 having a superb rookie season.
21. Miami Dolphins (3-3)- Impressive win against the Bengals, need to beat the Rams this week.
22. Cincinnati Bengals (3-3) – Bengals are an ok team, not great but not terrible.
23. St. Louis Rams (3-3) – Tough loss against the Dolphins with “Legatron” missing some FG’s.
24. New York Jets (3-3) – Shonn Greene showed up big time, but was it a fluke? They draw an angry Tom Brady this week.
25. Carolina Panthers (1-4) – Need the offense to improve to start competing in games.
26. Indianapolis Colts (2-3) – Even if they lost every game here on out, they would have same amount of wins as last season.
27. Tampa Bay Buccaneers (2-3) – Strong performance by the offense against the Chiefs.
28. Tennessee Titans (2-4) – Britt and Johnson coming off big games. When Locker gets healthy, this offense is capable of putting up some big numbers.
29. Oakland Raiders (1-4) – Good game against the Falcons. Need to play that tough every week.
30. Cleveland Browns (1-5) – Weeden finally wins his first career game.
31. Kansas City Chiefs (1-5) – Only bright spots on this team are Bowe and Charles.
32. Jacksonville Jaguars (1-4) – With the Browns winning, the Jaguars take the bottom spot.
Thursday Night Game of the Week:
Seahawks have been beating some of the top teams in the NFL. 49’ers coming off a bad loss should be on top of their game tonight.
49’ers – 20 Seahawks – 13
What do you guys think of these rankings? Someone too high? too low? Leave a comment or tweet me @YoniPollak.