NFL Power Rankings: Week 5
With week 4 in the books, the power rankings are updated as we head into week 5. To see the Week 4 rankings click here!
Power Rankings Week 4:
1. Houston Texans (4-0) – Dominated the Titans, should dominate the Jets on MNF.
2. Atlanta Falcons (4-0) – Close game against the Panthers in the dome, but this team looks really good.
3. San Francisco 49′ers (3-1) – Ran all over the Jets, look to be back on track.
4. Arizona Cardinals (4-0) – Close win against the Dolphins this week. Need to play dominate teams like those to show they are for real.
5. Baltimore Ravens (3-1) – Were able to come off a short week and defeat the Browns. Should be able to defeat the Chiefs this week.
6. Green Bay Packers (2-2) – Close game against the Saints. I sure hope Rodgers stays healthy because that one Graham Harrell snap might have scared Packers fans.
7. New England Patriots (2-2) – Very impressive comeback against the Bills. They can score at will.
8. Philadelphia Eagles (3-1) – Huge win against the defending champs.
9. Chicago Bears (3-1) – Good defense, and good enough offense to be contenders.
10. New York Giants (2-2) – Tough loss, and the schedule won’t get easier.
11. San Diego Chargers (3-1) – Looks like we might be seeing more Jackie Battle than we want to see.
12. Denver Broncos (2-2) – Beating the teams they should beat.
13. Dallas Cowboys (2-2) – Oh Dez, I’m sure other teams would love you more than the Cowboys.
14. Minnesota Vikings (3-1) – Really like this team this year. Curious to see if they can keep it up..
15. Pittsburgh Steelers (1-2) – Early bye week, now have to play 13 straight weeks.
16. Cincinnati Bengals (3-1) – Waiting for them to show up against a real good team.
17. Seattle Seahawks (2-2) – There defense is elite, but that offense is near the bottom of the league.
18. Detroit Lions (1-3) – I have no idea what to think of this team.
19. Buffalo Bills (2-2) – They decided to show up for only one half of the Patriots game.
20. Carolina Panthers (1-3) – Almost pulled off the upset against the undefeated Falcons in Atlanta.
21. Washington Redskins (2-2) – Good win against the Bucs. They have a shot at the division if they can keep it up.
22. St. Louis Rams (2-2) – Big win against the Seahawks. They are making the NFC West pretty solid.
23. New York Jets (2-2) – Terrible team that has lost it’s best players on both sides of the ball. Will continue to plummet.
24. New Orleans Saints (0-4) – Almost pulled out a win in Green-Bay. Maybe some momentum going into a game against the Chargers.
25. Miami Dolphins (1-3)- Almost defeated the undefeated Cardinals. They are better than people think
26. Tampa Bay Buccaneers (1-3) – Freeman needs to improve quickly or he won’t have a job but this time next year.
27. Indianapolis Colts (1-2) – Bye week filled with sadness. Hope Coach Pagano recovers as quickly as possible.
28. Oakland Raiders (1-3) – Need to play better than they did this past week.
29. Tennessee Titans (1-3) – Locker hurt, this team won’t fare well this year, though Chris Johnson looked pretty good.
30. Kansas City Chiefs (1-3) – Charles is a good player but needs help on offense.
31. Jacksonville Jaguars (1-3) – Bad team, though made the right moves in the offseason in regards to MJD.
32. Cleveland Browns (0-4) – Almost pulled off a win against the Ravens this past week. Not sure why Weeden threw the ball out of bounds on the final play.
Thursday Night Game of the Week:
I really want to call the upset with the Rams at home against the Cardinals, but I just can’t.
Cardinals – 20 Rams – 16
What do you guys think of these rankings? Someone too high? too low? Leave a comment or tweet me @YoniPollak.