NFL Power Rankings: Week 3
With week 2 in the books, the power rankings are updated as we head into week 3. To see the Week 2 rankings click here!
Power Rankings Week 2:
1. San Francisco 49′ers (2-0) – Beat two tough opponents in their first two games.
2. Houston Texans (2-0) – Good teams beat the teams they are supposed to beat. First test now is against Peyton in Denver.
3. Atlanta Falcons (2-0) – Great offense, can only imagine if they had the Turner from his first year with the Falcons.
4. Green Bay Packers (1-1) – Big win against the Bears to keep panic out of Green Bay.
5. New England Patriots (1-1) – Let’s see if the injury to Hernandez, hurts this team a lot more than people think it will.
6. Philadelphia Eagles (2-0) – Big win against the Ravens!
7. Baltimore Ravens (1-1) – Tough loss against the Eagles. Need to get Rice more carries (just 26 in first two games).
8. San Diego Chargers (2-0) – One of two AFC teams at 2-0 on the season.
9. Chicago Bears (1-1) – Cutler needs to play better than he did a week ago today.
10. Denver Broncos (1-1) – Get a big test against J.J. Watt and the Houston Defense.
11. Pittsburgh Steelers (1-1) – Big win against the Jets with a banged up defense.
12. Detroit Lions (1-1) – Tough loss against the Falcons. Need the defense to step up!
13. Dallas Cowboys (1-1) – This guy’s reaction, should sum things up.
14 . New York Giants (1-1) – Needed a remarkable 2nd half from Eli to come from behind and beat the Buccaneers.
15. Arizona Cardinals (2-0) – Big win in New England to beat the Patriots. Are they for real?
16. Seattle Seahawks (1-1) – Big win against the Cowboys.
17. Carolina Panthers (1-1) – Newton didn’t play so well, and they need Stewart back from injury.
18. New York Jets (1-1) – Loss of Revis hurts this team big time. Need him healthy to have a shot at the playoffs this year.
19. Buffalo Bills (1-1) – Offense decided to show up this week. Let’s see which team shows up Week 3.
20. Washington Redskins (1-1) – Could have easily been 2-0.
21. Cincinnati Bengals (1-1) – To close of a game against the Browns in Week 2.
22. Tampa Bay Buccaneers (1-1) – Impressive showing against the Giants, but need to win games like those.
23. New Orleans Saints (0-2) – Will continue to fall if they keep loosing.
24. St. Louis Rams (1-1) – Big win against the Skins. Will be a tough matchup every week.
25. Miami Dolphins (1-1)- Big win against the Raiders. Have a chance at the upset this week at home against the Jets.
26. Indianapolis Colts (1-1) – Beat the Vikings in Indianapolis. Not sure if their are many more wins to come this season.
27. Minnesota Vikings (1-1) – Had a chance to be 2-0, and didn’t convert.
28. Oakland Raiders (0-2) – Not much hope after loosing two winnable games.
29. Tennessee Titans (0-2) – So Chris Johnson…anytime now would be a good time to show up. You too Offensive Line.
30. Kansas City Chiefs (0-2) – Looked good in garbage time. Need to start winning now or the season will be lost.
31. Jacksonville Jaguars (0-2) – Didn’t look good against Houston. Need to get healthy.
32. Cleveland Browns (0-2) – Will be in the cellar for most of the season.
Thursday Night Game of the Week:
For tonights game, I have the Panthers in Carolina, beating the Giants. Should be a good game, but Giants a bit nicked up, and not so confident in them.
Panthers – 34 Giants – 28.
What do you guys think of these rankings? Someone too high? too low? Leave a comment or tweet me @YoniPollak.