NFL Power Rankings: Week 2
With a great week 1 in the books, the power rankings are updated as we head into week 2. To see the Week 1 rankings click here: https://thesleeperpick.wordpress.com/2012/09/05/nfl-power-rankings-week-1/
Power Rankings Week 2:
1. New England Patriots (1-0) – Good first week, should stay in this spot for much of year.
2. San Francisco 49′ers (1-0) – Impressive win against Packers in GB. Super Bowl contenders.
3. Houston Texans (1-0) – Easy first few weeks, will get tougher mid season.
4. Baltimore Ravens (1-0) – Flacco looked excellent in no-huddle, and defense is still one of the best.
5. Green Bay Packers (0-1) – Tough loss at home, and another tough matchup this week. Could drop further.
6. Chicago Bears (1-0) – Marshall really helps this team and it showed week 1. Great matchup against the Packers tonight.
7. Atlanta Falcons (1-0) – Sick offense, will continue to play well all season.
8. Denver Broncos (1-0) – Their QB looked very similar to the former Colts QB.
9. Dallas Cowboys (1-0) – Big win in NY, still think they win division.
10. Detroit Lions (1-0) – Struggled week 1, should pick it up on offense but need to improve on defense.
11. New Orleans Saints (0-1) – Outplayed by the Redskins week 1, really need to rebound.
12. Pittsburgh Steelers (0-1) – Tough game vs. the Broncos, need to beat the Jets this week.
13. Philadelphia Eagles (1-0) – Almost lost to the lowly Browns, could only improve I would think.
14 . New York Giants (0-1) – An average to above-average team, will likely stay around this area all year, as I don’t think they make the playoffs.
15. San Diego Chargers (1-0) – Need to score more TD’s when in the redone. Can’t settle for short FG’s.
16. Seattle Seahawks (0-1) – Lost to ARZ, need the WR’s to catch the ball. Solid debut for Wilson.
17. New York Jets (1-0) – I guess they saved their preseason scoring for Week 1. Impressive win, we will see if they are contenders or pretenders the next 4 weeks.
18. Washington Redskins (1-0) – RG3 had a sick game, and this team will be scary if they play like they did against New Orleans.
19. Cincinnati Bengals (0-1) Was never impressed with them, didn’t look good at all week 1.
20. Buffalo Bills (0-1) Disappointing week 1. Need to start attempting to play defense.
21. Carolina Panthers (0-1) – Newton didn’t play so well, and they need Stewart back from injury.
22. Kansas City Chiefs (0-1) – Injuries on defense will hurt their season, if they can’t get healthy early.
23. Oakland Raiders (0-1) – Seems like all they did was check down to McFadden, and make penalties. Then again, if that was your offensive personnel, wouldn’t you just check down every play?
24. Tennessee Titans (0-1) – CJ2K might be the worse nickname in the NFL. If he continues to struggle, they will not go too far.
25. Tampa Bay Buccaneers (1-0) – Good first win against Carolina. Let’s see how they play this week.
26. Minnesota Vikings (1-0) – Someone had to win that Week 1 game vs. the Jags. Impressive week 1 for Peterson and the Vikings.
27. Arizona Cardinals (1-0) – Got bailed out by terrible dropped passes by the SEA WR’s. Kolb gets the start now, let’s see how he does this week.
28. St. Louis Rams (0-1) – Tough loss v.s. the Lions, was impressed with their fight. Could be tough matchup every week.
29. Jacksonville Jaguars (0-1) – Gabbert had nice week 1, though tough matchup v.s. the Texans this week..
30. Indianapolis Colts (0-1) – Luck wasn’t too great in his debut. Really looked for Wayne all game. Good chance to win against the Vikings this week.
31. Miami Dolphins (0-1)- I was impressed with Tannehill debut, and the Defense looked pretty good. Will be good game against Oakland.
32. Cleveland Browns (0-1) – When the local baseball team can score more runs then the QB’s passer rating, things can’t get much worse.
Thursday Night Game of the Week:
For tonights game, I have the Packers beating the Bears. Should be a really close game, and originally picked the Bears to win, but going back to the Packers. Have a hard time seeing them start 0-2 on the year.
Packers – 31 Bears – 28.
What do you guys think of these rankings? Someone too high? too low? Leave a comment or tweet me @YoniPollak.